Sunday, March 1, 2015


Sonny’s Sunshine Corner

 
March! At last! My birthday month! And Spring is right around the corner here in Georgia. Soon the azaleas, dogwood and peach trees will blossom and allergy sufferers will head to their allergists. I suffer some during this period; but it’s all worth it to me with all the beautiful fresh colors surrounding me.
Up north I know Spring will be a long time coming by the time they get all that snow melted. A couple of my Southern friends welcomed the little snow we got here and wanted more. I informed them that some northern folks were selling snow to whoever wants it. They said, yes, send it on. They’re nuts I think.
Our boy, Butchie, is all healed up from his sore face from scratching incidence. He has his M back on his face (the Mark of Mary) and is back to his handsome if grumpy self. He did not enjoy the cold weather here lately (in the 20s) and he poked his head outdoors only to back off and come back into the warm house. He’ll be glad to sit in his porch chair in the sun soon.
Readership of the blog space is now up over 62,000 and Village Soup showed over 1,000 views for the last four stories posted. The most popular story of February was the Grange story. It was nice to hear from Aaron Englander of Erickson Fields, who I mentioned in the story. He is involved with Maine Coast Heritage Trust which focuses on saving small Maine farms.
Look for special St. Patrick’s Day recipes this month. Ted’s column relates the reconstruction of Memorial Pier down at the landing which resulted in its present look. Also mentioned is the “building” of Pen Bay Hospital and formation of the ambulance service in the area. I don’t have any ideas for special blogs at this point, but I’m sure I’ll come up with something. Of course, I always welcome suggestions from you, my reader. I would be very interested in sponsoring a guest blog having to do with nature, focusing on Maine. It would mean a monthly commitment. If you have ideas along this vein please email me at: southendstories@aol.com.
My personal news includes no bronchitis this winter. My sinus infection did not turn into that dreaded condition. I took it very carefully and stayed home until I was out of the woods. However, being idle like that has set my PT back a little. I will return to PT next week.
The good news is that Nanci and I will head to Savannah next month so she can try out for Jeopardy once again, we think this is the seventh or eighth time she’s done this song and dance. We went to Savannah together once before and I thoroughly enjoyed that old city. It will be a fun trip. Wish her luck. We sure could use a trip to California. If I can be on Wheel of Fortune at the same time she is on Jeopardy that would be a dream come true.
So here’s to Spring and the promise of good things to come it brings. See you next time. Head bumps from Butchie.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment