Monday, December 1, 2014


 
Sonny’s Sunshine Corner

 
Butchie and Nanci and I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas or Happy Hannakuh or Happy Kwansa, whatever the case may be.
Our boy certainly doesn’t look like this picture right now. We had to take him to see the Vet man yesterday because he has scratched most of the fur off on his face. He got a shot along with his other yearly shots and hopefully that will take care of it. Vet says older kitties sometimes do this if there are other issues involved like kidneys etc. Expensive tests to find out if this doesn’t work. Keep your fingers crossed for him and for his Mommies too.
This past Thanksgiving, Nanci and I enjoyed a barbecue dinner from Shane’s, a popular BBQ spot here in this area of Georgia. Butchie doesn’t get any, sorry son.
Readership for the blog was at 21,127 this time last year. It now has a readership of over 57,000. Thanks, everyone.
I appreciate my loyal readers who occasionally comment on one of my stories. This past month that included Patricia Williams, Ruth Wade, and Sister Sally. I welcome any and all comments and especially appreciate your corrections on any facts I may have gotten wrong. I try to do thorough research, but sometimes I miss something.
This month enjoy the very popular guest blog from brother Ted and his Fish and Chips column.  This one is from 1973. If I get creative enough I will try to write another piece of fiction for you to go along with the other two I’ve written for December in the past two years, “A Doll for Christmas” and “A Boy and his Boat, a Christmas story.” If you’d like to read them go to the archives for the last two December blogs.
I will finally go under the knife on December 2 to repair tendons on my left foot. Wish me luck. Been a long time coming. You may not see me on here for awhile. Never fear, I’ll be back.
Our greatest Christmas wishes go out to all our friends and family. May we all be wrapped in the peace and love of those we love and who love us.
Merry Christmas.


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment