Saturday, November 1, 2014


Sonny’s Sunshine Corner
 
Butchie is the kitty in the blue collar.
When the boys were real little.
 
Butchie is not liking the cold air that greats him in the morning when he begs to go out of the French door in the living room to get to his domain on the patio outside. This city cat stands on the cold cement, which is about 40 degrees in the morning at this time of year in Georgia, and shakes and soon begs to come back in again.
This month we bring you Ted’s “Fish and Chips” story about a plane crash at the Owls Head airport in 1979. You’ll also see the usual Recipe of the Month, which has become quite popular by the way; news from the Sail, Power and Steam Museum, if any; and Thomaston Library News.
Look for a story around Thanksgiving time about early Vikings in Maine. They quite possibly could be the first Europeans to land on the shores of future America.
Readership is up over 55,000 for the blog space and stories on the Village Soup site continue to grow in readership numbers also. With this growth, you will see more and inviting ads to check out on the blog site. Every time you hit one of them I get a few cents, so hit away. Thanks.
Last month I reported that I would probably get an operation on my foot…finally. Not true it seems. An MRI showed trouble in my Achilles tendon on that left foot and I was instructed to do stretching exercises, which I am trying to do. Progress is slow so don’t know what the Doc will say when I see him again next month.
The election ads on TV here in Georgia are about to drive me to the nut house. My mute button is getting a work out to be sure. I feel sorry for other advertisers who are placed around these political spots because if I am muting them I am also muting everything else too, right? How many other people do the same thing as I do? I’d ask for my money back if I were them.
My poor Minny, my HHR, was sick and had to go into the garage. Boo hoo. $400+ later we got her back and she’s flying around pretty good now. After five years I’m lucky I guess. This is the first time we’ve had to fix her.
The weather report here calls for possible snow storms up in the Georgia Mountains north of us here in the middle of the state. We’ll probably just have rain. That’s fine with me.
Butchie says make the man with the blower outside who is blowing leaves stop making so much noise, he’s trying to take a nap.
See you all next month.


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment