Wednesday, October 1, 2014


Sonny’s Sunshine Corner
 
The leaves are all turning up in Maine, but the temperatures here in Georgia continue in the 70s and 80s. I hope you are all ready for winter up home and that you farmers have gotten your hay in. I had fun exploring those two activities in September’s blog space.
Today would have been my brother Harlan’s 80th birthday. He was a wonderful husband, father and brother. He was a gentleman and I miss his quiet strength; his smile and his laughter. Every time I open up my computer I see his art on my wallpaper which is a picture he painted in the Southend when he was 16. This picture was taken when he was probably four or five when the family lived up on Cedar Street in Rockland. I don’t know where the kitty came from. It could just belong in the neighborhood as my mother was not one for allowing pets in the house. Love you and miss you my brother.
 
 
This month you will see the usual columns from Ted; Recipes of the Month; Thomaston Library News; and news from the Sail, Power and Steam Museum. Also look for a special story about a place we all used to hang out in when we were teenagers in the 40s and 50s.
Readership this month continued to climb, now up over 53,000. The blog space had a gain of 1,048 in 16 days and the Village Soup site had 1,097 hits on the five main stories of September.
On a personal level, I may finally get my foot operated on this month. I’ve been running around to all the Docs getting everything ready to go. Why does everything have to be so complicated?
 
Butchie is happy for once because he can stay outside longer because he doesn’t have to dodge the wasps that swarm around the bushes. We can leave the door open for him longer too as the need for continual air conditioning is waning with the pending fall season in Georgia.
Let’s look for an easy winter for once in the North and no ice storms down here in the South. See you next time.

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment