Wednesday, October 8, 2014


Fall Views of New England

These pictures have been collected from my email and from Facebook. My thanks to everyone who shared their pictures.
"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers. It would be terrible if we just skipped from September to November, wouldn't it?"
- Anne of Green Gables, L.M. Montgomery
Sister Sara shared this picture and quote on Facebook. I thought it was a good way to start this journey through our favorite area of the country. Here are some more pictures Sara sent me via email showing the leaves near her home in Connecticut.


 
This picture comes from my niece, Kim Ruddy, who also lives in Connecticut.
 
From Lee-Carlos Figueroa whose summer home is over Waldoboro way where I think she took these pictures.

 
From Scout Torello Tisone of South Thomaston

 
Here are my Great-Nephew, Jake Sylvester with his daughter Allie, picking apples at County Fair Farm in Jefferson
 
From John Bragg, a friend of my new Facebook friend, Susan Allen Thomas
 
 

My cousin Keith Wass, of Wasses Wagon and his wife, Marcy took a bike tour at Acadia National Park recently.

Marcy Wass

 
The Carriage Road in Acadia National Park
From Laurel Butler Pierce, also of South Thomaston. This picture is of the Monadnock Region in New Hampshire—Gregg Lake, Antim N.H. The picture was taken by Nina Boyle.
 
This picture comes from the Maine Lobster gift shop in Bar Harbor.
 
Cousin Mary Sue posted a fall picture of the barn over on the Hilton Homestead in Bremen.
 
Pat Wentworth posted these pictures which came from Mystical Views—Arts and Marketing, South Thomaston. Look for their Facebook page.


 
My Facebook friend, Robin Robinson, who has beautiful Clydesdales on her farm, in upcountry Maine, posted these pictures.

 
Barbara Roscoe from the Facebook page “We Grew up in Thomaston” posted these pictures.


 
Susan Allen Thomas posted a picture of the Holland America Liner, Eurodam, on its annual stopover in Rockland on its Fall Foliage Cruise. The liner has 2,104 passengers and 929 crew members.
 
Cousin Linda Campbell shared this picture from her friend, Norman Turcote from WCAX in Randolph, Vermont.
 
From Michael Soronen, these pictures are of Coleman Pond.

 
I hope you’ve all enjoyed our little Fall excursion here. It’s one of the best times to enjoy in Maine and in New England.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment