Tuesday, July 1, 2014

 
Sonny’s Sunshine Corner
 
Here’s one more picture of Butchie relaxing on his favorite blanket on the couch. God help you if you try to take it away from him.
The boy will miss me when I go home at the end of the month on vacation. This blog space will be on hiatus the first part of August. I’ll at least bring back “The Maine Report,” as usual.
Anyone know a good realtor in the Rockland area? I’ll be looking to buy a home when I come up this year. Nanci and I plan to move up permanently in the Spring. I have my list of houses to look at. Here’s hoping my foot holds up.
Speaking of “my left foot,” it has calmed down some since Nanci brought me home a new pair of shoes TWO sizes bigger than I usually wear. This allows me to wear shoes when my feet swell up. Just wearing slippers was not good. I needed the support. It has made a big difference, so I hope I’ll be able to maintain the status quo until the foot gets operated on in the fall.
Readership continues to grow for this space. The blog space is over 48,000 this month and the Village Soup site had over 800 views for the last four stories posted. Thanks to all of you for your support. Help grow my ad revenue if you can by clicking on the ads on the right hand side. Thanks again.
I’m not sure what I’ll bring you this month. I will post the usual columns, Ted’s Fish and Chips; Recipes of the Month; Thomaston Library News. It will be a short month as I’ll be leaving at the end of July. Please be sure I have some good weather while I’m up there. O.K.? That means no unbearable heat like last year, no rain and no fog. I know that’s a big order, but try will ya?
Butchie will have to fend for himself a lot more as he’ll be here all by his own ugly self during the day and maybe even some evenings. If he could make friends with the gray cat who keeps stopping by on the other side of the fence, maybe he’d be happier. As it is, we have to shoo it away because Butchie has such a “hissy” fit.
Have fun if you’re going up to Maine this summer. Maybe I’ll see you there. Bye for now.

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment