Sunday, April 20, 2014

 

An Early Spring Walk Around the Hilton Homestead

By Mary Sue Hilton Weeks

Mary Sue Hilton Weeks
Current owner of the Hilton Homestead


I took an early spring walk around the Hilton Homestead and these are some of the things I saw.

 

I began my walk outside the old schoolhouse I converted into my home.
 
 
Hmm…hoofprints on my front lawn.


 
And in the garden across the street.

 


They seem to be heading toward the lower field.

 


So there you are.

 


Is it really mid-April?

 


Apple tree down over the winter. Good thing I have my new chain saw!

 


Bennett’s garlic is up!

 
Remains of an old foundation on top of the hill. I remember the cellar hole as a child.

 


Someone was hungry during the winter.

 
Water coming out of the ground.

 
Woodchuck hole, anyone down there?
 
I guess Spring has really come to the farm. Happy Spring everyone!

 

 


 





 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment